PhD (ChemEng) Cambridge
BSc (ChemEng) Cape Town
Department of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
Email: Marijke Fagan-Endres
- Biohydrometallurgy: Heap bioleaching, Bioflotation
- Tomography: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and X-ray μCT applied to the study of different phases and their interplay in bioprocess engineering
- Fagan, M.A., Ngoma, I.E., Chiume, R.A., Minnaar, S., Sederman, A.J., Johns, M.L. and Harrison S.T.L. (2014) MRI and gravimetric studies of hydrology in drip irrigated heaps and its effect on the propagation of bioleaching micro-organisms. Hydrometallurgy, doi: 10.1016/j.hydromet.2014.04.022
- Fagan, M.A., Ngoma, I.E., Chiume, R.A., Minnaar, S., Sederman, A.J., Johns, M.L. and Harrison S.T.L. (2014) The impact of drip irrigation on heap hydrology and microbial colonies in bioleaching. Advanced Materials Research, 825, 455-458.
- van Hille, R., Fagan, M.A., Bromfield, L. and Pott, R. (2013) A modified pH drift assay for inorganic carbon accumulation and external carbonic anhydrase activity in microalgae. Journal of Applied Psychology, 26(1) 377-385.
- Fagan, M.A., Sederman, A.J., Harrison, S.T.L. and Johns, M.L. (2013) Phase distribution identification in the column leaching of low grade ores using MRI. Minerals Engineering, 48, 94-99.
- Fagan, M.A., Sederman, A.J. and Johns, M.L. (2012) MR imaging of ore for heap bioleaching studies using pure phase encode acquisition methods. Journal of Magnetic Resonance, 216, 121-127.