CHE3005W Chemical Engineering III
SAQA Credits: 92
Monday – Friday 3rd period (10h00 – 10h45) – 1st semester only
Monday – Friday 4th period (11h00 – 11h45)
Monday – Friday 5th period (12h00 – 12h45)
Tuesday afternoons (14h00 – 17h45)
Wednesday afternoons (14h00 – 17h45)
Pracs will take place on selected Thursday or Friday afternoons.
- Coulson, J., & Richardson, J. (2002). Chemical engineering, Vol. 2 (5th ed.). Amsterdam: Elsevier. (e-version available through the UCT library website)
- Elliott, J. R., & Lira, C. T. (2012). Introductory chemical engineering thermodynamics (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall
- Fogler, H. S. (2011). Essentials of chemical reaction engineering. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Himmelblau, D. M., & Riggs, J. B. (2012). Basic principles and calculations in chemical engineering (8th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- McCabe, W. L., Smith, J. C., & Harriott, P. (2004). Unit operations of chemical engineering. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Dale E. Seborg, Duncan A. Mellichamp, Thomas F. Edgar, Francis J. Doyle, (2012), Process dynamics and control, 3rd edition, John Wiley and Sons.
- Ernest J. Henley, J. D. Seader, D. Keith Roper, (2011), Separation process principles, 3rd edition, Wiley.